I enjoy traveling and experiencing other cultures, cousines and ways of life.
I will try to list and summarize the countries I’ve been to and also list the ones I want to visit.
- Germany, been there a few times, both as a child and later as an adult, latest visit May 2023.
- Estonia, been there a few times, Tallinn was grey and cold in the winter, latest visit 2019.
- Thailand, latest visit winter 2018.
- Latvia, been there a few times, Riga is beautiful and vibrant city, latest visit summer 2018.
- Finland, been there a few times, rural areas are beautiful, latest visit winter 2018.
- Croatia, been there once, warm and welcoming atmosphere, good food and friendliness, latest visit 2016.
- Norway, been there lots of times, half my family are Norwegians, kind of expensive, latest visit 2012.
- Spain, been there a few times, really enjoy the food and the language, latest visit 2010.
- Lithuania, been there once, Kaunas is an interesting city, nice people, latest visit 2007.
- Denmark, been there a few times, have not spent that much time in country but people seems nice, latest visit 2006.
- USA, been there twice, latest visit 2000.
- England, been there a few times, latest visit 2000.
- The Netherlands, been there a few times, latest visit 1999.
- Belgium, my brother was born there and our family lived there for 3 years, latest visit 1978.
- Monaco, I was there when I was a child.
- Italy, I was there when I was a child.
- Portugal, I was there when I was a child.
- Switzerland, I was there when I was a child.
- Austria, I was there when I was a child.
- Luxemburg, I was there when I was a child.
- France, I was born there and were living there for the first 1.5 years of my life, visited last when I was a little boy and have not considered visiting again.
There are countries I have heard lots of good things about and I have listed them without any order
- Nepal, culture, food and people.
- Poland, as I have been told the cities are beautiful and the food to be fantastic.
- Vietnam, curious about Asia and Vietnam has lots of interesting food.
- Laos, see Vietnam
- Cambodia, see Vietnam
- China, vast country with lots of variation between different ends of the country.
- South Korea, see Vietnam
- India, culture, food and people, urban and rural life.
- Mexico, culture, food and people.
- Cuba, culture, food and people.
There are a few countries I will not travel to nor set foot on, because reasons. These would be …
- North Korea, as I hope of reunion between North and South.
- Vatican state, as I do not think religions should have real estate.
- Russia, as I do not think it is safe and will not support current regime.
- Turkey, as I really do not like how current regime acted about certain groups of ethnic minorities.
- Iraq, still too volatile.
- Iran, would be interesting with another regime.
- Israel, nope.
For the nerdiness in me, here is airports I have visited or set foot on.
- ARN, Stockholm Arlanda, Sweden
- BMA, Stockholm Bromma, Sweden
- NYO, Nyköping Skavsta, Sweden
- BKK, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, Thailand
- CNX, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- UTP, U-Tapao, Rayong, Thailand
- TXL, Berlin Tegel, Germany
- LHR, London Heathrow, GB
- LGW, London Gatwick, GB
- AGP, Malaga, Spain
- DOH, Doha, Qatar
- KUN, Kaunas, Lithuania
- DBV, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- HEL, Helsinki, Finland
- AMS, Schipol, The Netherlands
- LAX, Los Angeles, USA
- SFO, San Francisco, USA
- SBP, San Luis Obispo, USA
- BER, Berlin Brandenburg, Germany
As you may have noticed, there is a few blank spots here and there .. and that South America and Africa is missing, I have not been there. It would be interesting to visit countries in Africa and South America but I have yet to find inspiration going there. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.
Above lists are subject to change, at some time or another. The only constant is change.